Sunday, September 18, 2011

To be fair, it's a valid question...

The title, that is.

The answer should be pretty simple-- nothing, really. The Munchkin has been in school for sixteen days now. I don't have a job, and  I'm changing my  field of study faster than I can acquire credits. Simply put, I have accomplished absolutely nothing since Henry was born and Michael died.

But I'm still here. And Henry is happy, and healthy, and whole. Whether that's because of my best effort, or despite it, I'll never know.

1 comment:

  1. If you think raising a child, especially by yourself, is doing nothing, just wait. The next 20 years of your life will be so busy they will pass in a blink. You will be busy getting Henry through school, you WILL get a job, soon hopefully, and you seem to have a social life blooming.

    I have enjoyed following you on fb the last couple of years. You seem to be straightforward AND funny. A difficult combination to maintain on a regular basis.

    As you know, I lost my husband a few months ago. Your posts have sometimes cheered my up a little bit, so I thank you for that. I understand the feeling that you are doing nothing, even when you know it's not true.

    So, I am now looking forward to following your blog. BTW, you should be writing for a sitcom, I think that is your true calling.

    Sincerely,

    Maggie Andregg

    ReplyDelete